Monday 10 February 2014

Catrice Cosmetics New Prime and Fine Anti-Red Base Review!

Hi Guys!
Today I have another review for you!
I went to the drugstore lately,
and I really needed a primer.
I was told that the Catrice prime and fine primer was very good,
but of course I took the wrong one with me.
When I opened this product at home,
the substance appeard the have the exact same colour as the tube!
I still decided to review it, to see if it maybe was even better.
Because Yolo, am I right? ;-)
(excuse me if the photos aren't perfectly focused. I took them when it was getting dark outside.)


What I noticed from the packaging was that it's supposed to be colour correcting (kinda hard to miss), which I think explains the green colour, altough I hope it won't show of that much...

 The packaging is slim and small. The whole tube fits in my hand perfectly! The packaging reminds me of the Smashbox primers. I think the tube is perfect for traveling because it's small and it won't open up by accident. The packaging also gives me the feeling I bought a luxurious product, and not a product that only costed € 4,49! Only good points on the packaging so far, but it's of course obout the products itself!


Information on the backside! It says that it's dermatologically tested, but I kinda neglect this argument because I don't know what the results of the test were :-). Besides that it says that's is free of parabens, oil (plus point for girls with a acne-pro skin!) and pefume. Sounds good!


 I tried to take a picture of the ingredients, but this is the clearest picture I made. Luckily I found the ingredients on Catrice's site!
AQUA (WATER), CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, GLYCERIN, TALC, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, METHYL METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, SODIUM CHLORIDE, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE, DIETHYLHEXYL SYRINGYLIDENE MALONATE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, PEG/PPG-18/18 DIMETHICONE, HYDROGEN DIMETHICONE, DISODIUM EDTA, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, POTASSIUM SORBATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, CI 42090 (BLUE 1 LAKE), CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE).
The ingredients don't tell me anything, so if you know what the ingredients mean, please let me know in the comments!


Then I opened the tube up. Argh! I hate this kind of opening because it gets dirty so easy! I've been using this primer around five days now, and it already looks really nasty.

Swatches 

 Yes I know, looks scary...
 Blended out! Luckily you can't really see the green colour, altough it is colour correcting. But...
 After blending out, my fingers looked like this (with flash)! Glitters everywhere! I think these are supposed to give you the 'glow' Catrice is talking about, but I don't think this gives a 'glow', it just looks like glitter.


Luckily it was not that bad on my wrist. Here and there a lost glitter, but not as bad as on my fingers. Under my eyes I sometimes find a glitter, but it's not as extreme as it's on my fingers.

Does it work?

My eye make-up after a normal school day without primer
 My eye make-up after a normal school day with primer!

Full Face!
After the usual tests, I decided to take it to a next level... My eye make-up after sporting! (All the following pictures are with primer.)



Full face!
So, judging by these pictures, I can defenitely say the primer works! Despite the glitters, it's colour correcting! It makes my make-up last better and longer and it prevends the make-up from settling in to fine lines. All with a really good primer!

So, What's the verdict?

Cons:
  • All. The. Glitter.
  • The opening gets dirty really easy
  • It's really hard to get the dosing right
  • I have no idea what the ingredients mean...
Pros:
  • Practical and Nice packaging!
  • Doesn't contain parabens, oil and perfume
  • You can wear it on itself to just give your face a healthier look (altough the glitters kind of ruin it)
  • It's really long lasting
  • Doesn't only prevend any make-up from settling in to pores or lines for a whole day (when you don't sport), but also reduces redness
  • € 4,49
Overall, it's a great primer for everyday use, especially because it's so cheap! I use it everyday (if you want to know which products I use daily, click here!), and it's perfect for school!
What primer do you use?
xXx Imke

Ps. I'm working with a new system now! After every review, comes a slightly more personal post. So if I upload a review, the next article will for example be a D.I.Y, a favourites article, a tutorial and everything that isn't a review. I decided to this because I don't spend all my money on beauty items, so I don't have enough products to write daily reviews. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment